What data do we collect?
ScapBot collects information about you, your websites, or your business solely to provide our services, to communicate with you, or to enhance the quality of our services.
Our website collects the following data:
- Personal identification information about you – your name, email address, and phone number.
- Payment-related information – your bank account number (in cases where we need to issue a refund to you), transaction amounts, currency units, discounts and used coupon codes, transaction IP address, and metadata related to other service orders.
- Company information – company name, company address, company VAT number, company’s email for receiving electronic invoices. (If your company designates someone else to work with us, we also collect personal identification information related to that individual.)
- Advertising account information – Aggregated data from your advertising account, information about campaigns, ad groups, advertisements.
- Non-personal identification information – visitor’s browser, referring website, visitor’s IP address, country of the visitor’s IP address, language preference, date and time of access, operating system, and network information. This information is collected from any visits to our website by you.
- Content submitted to ScapBot.com – Content in the contact section, your CV (if you submit a CV to us on the Careers page), your feedback on articles, content you actively write and submit for articles, content of advertising templates you have created.
How do we collect and store this data?
We collect Personal Identifiable Information (PII) about you, as well as company information, through the following instances:
- When you register for a trial, purchase software products, or request services on the ScapBot.com website.
- When you use the Chat feature on the website to communicate with us. You may also provide us with information when you register for online courses, enroll for online certifications, respond to surveys, interact with our engineers and experts regarding support questions, or subscribe to newsletters. When you communicate with us through our contact forms on the website, email, phone, website comments, or other means, we may store copies of our contact information (including any call recordings permitted by applicable laws).
- Job Application Information: If you apply for a job with us, you provide us with information such as your name, contact information, resume or CV, and work authorization verification as part of the application process.
- Company Information: When signing contracts and contract addendums, you will need to actively provide company information.
- Location Information: We may determine the country of your device from your IP address. For example, we collect and use this information to calculate the number of people accessing our Services from certain geographic regions or to automatically tailor our content to match your location.
- Access Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, devices, and third-party tools typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, preferred language, referring site, date and time of access, operating system, and network information. We collect this information when you use our Services through third parties such as Google Analytics.
How do we store that data?
- For personal identifiable information and company information, we store them based on our own Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Additionally, to improve service quality and mitigate risks, we also store this information in physical form on paper.
- For company information, we store it in contracts signed between ScapBot.com and your company.
- Non-personally identifiable information is stored on ScapBot.com’s server system and those of third-party partners. This information is retained for a maximum of 180 days.
How we protect your data
We take the protection of your data seriously and have implemented security measures to safeguard it. Here are some ways we protect your data:
- Data Encryption: We use encryption techniques to protect your personal data during transmission and storage. This ensures that your information remains secure and confidential.
- Secure Storage: We store your data on secure servers with restricted access. These servers are located in controlled facilities that employ physical and technological security measures to prevent unauthorized access.
- Regular Security Audits: We conduct regular security audits and assessments to identify and address potential vulnerabilities in our systems. This helps us maintain a high level of data protection.
- User Authentication: We employ user authentication mechanisms to ensure that only authorized individuals can access your data. This may include strong passwords, two-factor authentication, or other secure authentication methods.
- Employee Training: Our employees undergo training on data protection and privacy practices. They are bound by confidentiality obligations and are aware of the importance of safeguarding your data.
- Third-Party Assessment: If we engage third-party service providers to process or handle your data, we ensure they have appropriate data protection measures in place. We carefully select and evaluate our partners to maintain the security of your data.
- Incident Response: In the event of a data breach or security incident, we have procedures in place to respond promptly, mitigate the impact, and notify you as required by applicable laws.
While we take these measures to protect your data, it is important to note that no method of transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we continuously strive to improve our security practices and stay up to date with the latest developments in data protection.
Please note that by using our services, you also play a role in protecting your data. It is essential to keep your login credentials confidential, use strong passwords, and be cautious when sharing personal information online.
How we will use that data?
General purposes of data usage
We use information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our services. For example, managing your newsletter subscriptions.
- To protect our services, our customers, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents, preventing and protecting against harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activities, combating spam, and complying with our legal obligations.
- To troubleshoot issues with our services. For example, by monitoring, repairing, and preventing problems.
- To personalize the user experience. For example, by sending you relevant notifications and advertisements for our services.
- To communicate with you. For example, by sending you emails to request your feedback, sharing tips to maximize the use of our products, or calling you to share offers and promotions that we think you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive information from us, you can opt out of marketing communications at any time. (If you opt out, we will still send you important updates related to your account or the services you use.)
Sharing information with appropriate partners
We have a firm policy that we do not sell user data. We are not data brokers, we do not sell your personal information to data brokers, and we do not sell your information to companies that want to send spam marketing emails.
With your consent, we may share information about you in limited circumstances and with appropriate privacy safeguards.
Monitoring and improving the user experience
We use Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to understand the traffic to our services in a completely anonymous manner without relying on personally identifiable information. To opt out of anonymous traffic analytics, you can install a browser extension such as this: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-opt-out/fllaojicojecljbmefodhfapmkghcbnh?hl=en
All the information we collect through Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel is non-identifiable and cannot be used by third parties to identify you. We use this information to better understand any challenges you may encounter when using our services and identify opportunities for improvement. Non-identifiable information about your behavior on our services may also be related to data collected by Google Ads.
Advertising and marketing for our services
We may share non-personal information for marketing purposes (e.g., by providing tools to identify a specific target marketing group or improving our marketing campaigns) that help us understand and enhance our services (such as analytics service providers) and tools that help us operate our activities (such as programs that assist us in managing tasks, scheduling, processing text, emails, and other communication information, as well as collaboration among our teams). We require the providers to agree to privacy commitments when sharing information with them.
Legal requests and regulations
We may disclose information about you in response to court orders or other government requests.
What are your rights regarding your data?
We want to ensure that you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. We are committed to complying with the GDPR of the European Union, so we clearly state the following options for you to control and delete your data with us. All users have the following rights:
- Right to be informed – You have the right to request clear and concise information about how we use your personal data.
- Right of access – You have the right to request that our Service provides copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that our Service correct any information that you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that our Service completes information that you believe is incomplete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request that ScapBot.com deletes your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that ScapBot.com restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to object to processing – You have the right to object to ScapBot.com processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request that ScapBot.com transfers the data we have collected to another organization or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the email address: email@example.com.
What is Cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you access ScapBot.com, we may automatically collect information from you through cookies or similar technologies. For more information, please visit https://allaboutcookies.org.
Our services use these cookies to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. They may include your preferred language and your location. Alternatively, they may be used to customize the content on the website to align with ScapBot.com’s marketing and communication purposes.
Google Analytics and Facebook Cookies are only used to measure the traffic on our website in an anonymous manner and cannot be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Cookies:
Our company uses these cookies to gather information about your visits to our website, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed, and information about your browser, device, and IP address. Our company occasionally shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes.
We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies?
When accessing our website, you will be prompted to specify the types of cookies that we can use.
Necessary cookies are essential for the normal functioning of our website and relate to your user profile. You can set your browser to not accept cookies. However, some features of our website may not work as a result.
Advertising and Analytics cookies are optional – please select to opt-in if you would like to help us improve our website and services, while also receiving targeted advertisements based on your usage of our website.
Privacy policies of other websites
How can you contact us?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: X9 Tran Huu Duc Street, Cau Dien, Nam Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
Please feel free to reach out to us using any of these communication channels, and we will be happy to assist you.